To Become a Friend of the Fountaindae Public Library, print and fill out the form provided HERE and drop it off at the Library or the Bookmobile.
The Friends of Fountaindale Public Library is an organization whose primary purpose is to serve as community advocates for Library services, programs, facilities and needs. The group gives monetary support to the library though fund-raising activities. The Friend's fund-raising activities provide the library with equipment, services, and other materials which it might not otherwise be able to provide. Recent gifts to the library include:
- Summer reading kick-off program
- Prizes for the Summer Reading Program for children, teens, and adults
- Transport chairs for library users that may experience difficulty walking on their own
- Purchase of books for "One Book, One Community"
- Prizes for the " Battle of the Library Cards"- elementary schools
- Prizes for the "Great Page Race" - middle schools
The Friends have fundraisers throughout the year. Our most popular event is our bi-annual used book sale. Another revenue source for the Friends, comes from the annual dues and donations from members of the group. Dues for individuals are only $5 per year, $8 for a familiy membership, $3 for a Senior membership (age 60 and older), $35 for a business membership, and a Lifetime Membership - which is the best bargain for a one time fee of $100.
The Friends of the Library have some specific requirements for materials donated for their book sales. They do not accept:
- Magazines or newspapers
- Anything that is in tape format - books on tape or audiocassettes
- Sets of books, such as the Time-Life series
All donated materials must be clean and dry. If you have a large amount of materials to donate, you must schedule an appointment to drop them off - please contact Marianne at 630-685-4231.
If you LOVE YOUR LIBRARY, or just like it a lot, please consider a membership in the Friends of the Fountaindale Public Library. To contact the Friends, you can send an e-mail to:
President: Jan Rieser
Vice-President: Jody Hargett
Secretary: Adrianne Beal
Treasurer: Mary Tuleja