The Fountaindale Public Library welcomes all individuals to use resources made available to the community. In order to provide a safe, comfortable experience for everyone in the library the following forms of conduct are not permitted and are representative of actions that may result in the loss of library privileges:
● Behavior which may disturb or interfere with others' use of library services and facilities. Examples include but are not limited to: loud, repetitive, abusive, or threatening language; singing or other disturbing noise; running; chasing; roughhousing.
● Using electronic devices with or without headphones at a volume and/or at a location disturbing to others.
● Bringing food or uncovered beverages outside the cafe area
● Occupying areas of the library that are age inappropriate
● Sleeping, inappropriate use of library furniture, or blocking of aisles, exits or entrances.
● Having offensive body odor or personal hygiene which unreasonably interferes with other patrons' ability to use the Library.
● Entering the library barefoot or without a shirt or removing one's footwear or shirt while in the Library.
● Campaigning, petitioning, proselytizing, or soliciting for any cause inside the library and/or in the immediate area surrounding the entrance or exits of the building.
● Bringing pets or animals other than service animals necessary for disabilities.
● Use of tobacco products in the library and/or within 25 feet of a library entrance and/or exit.
● Use of alcohol or illegal substances.
● Public indecency.
● Trespassing in nonpublic areas.
● Remaining on library property after being asked to leave.
● Damaging or defacing library property.
● Stealing or attempting to steal personal or library property.
● Carrying or displaying simulated or real weapons on library property except for authorized law enforcement officials.
● Threatening and/or violent behavior. Examples include but are not limited to: shoving; throwing things; fighting; verbally or physically harassing, bullying, or threatening other patrons or staff including stalking, staring, or lurking.
● Any violation of federal, state or local law or disregard of library regulations and policies.
Anyone violating the regulations of the Fountaindale Public Library District may, at the discretion of the person in charge of the building, security monitors, or her/his designee, be asked to leave the premises and revoke library privileges for up to one week. Staff will notify the Police Department if an individual fails to heed staff requests. In case of severe or repeated violations of the regulations of the Fountaindale Public Library District, the executive director may suspend library privileges for up to six months. If necessary, further action may be taken by the executive director. Written notification shall be made whenever actions concerning severe or repeated violations occur. An individual wishing to file an appeal shall submit it to the Library Director in writing. The Library Director will respond in writing.
Revisions approved by Library Board March 22, 2012