School visits from the Bookmobile or one of the School Services staff are set up at the beginning of each school year.
- For Bookmobile visits, please contact Marianne Thompson at 630-685-4231
- For preschool visits, please contact Laura Didier at 630-685-4167
- For elementary school visits, please contact Carol Woeckel at 630-685-4184
- For home school visits, please contact Marianne Thompson at 630-685-4231
- You may request a small collection of library materials for your class by contacting one of the staff listed above.
- Library materials checked out through Outreach Services are due in four weeks. If the next scheduled visit falls on a day there is no school, books will be renewed by the library until the next visit. There are no overdue fines on school materials checked out through Outreach Services.
Battle of the Library Cards
The Annual Battle of the Library Cards for elementary schools runs during September each year. Students from the Bolingbrook elementary schools receive their battle forms from their teachers. Students return the completed forms to their classroom teacher or school librarian. If you lose your form, you can download the English forms from the library website.
"Battle" prizes are sponsored by the Friends of the Fountaindale Public Library. Winning schools will receive a paperback collection of books for their library media center. For any questions, please contact the Outreach Services Manager at 630-685-4231.
Special class assignments
If you have a special class project and need library materials, please contact Outreach Services Manager at 630-685-4231. One week advanced notice is requested for this service.
The Fountaindale Public Library provides access to the library collection to teachers and school staff working in Bolingbrook. All teacher materials are due in 4 weeks, and are not subject to overdue fines. Items are subject to lost and damaged fees. Teachers/school staff may register for a teacher card to use in checking out library materials for classroom use. Teachers/school staff may register for the teacher card by filling out a form and returning it to the Bookmobile, a school services staff member, or the library. Please bring a photo ID and a school ID along with your application, and the staff will be happy to assist you. Teacher library cards are valid for one year only, September 1 - August 31, and are renewable at the beginning of the school year.
For any questions about our services, please contact Marianne Thompson, Outreach Services Manager, at 630-685-4231.