School Services is a resource for parents and teachers of elementary and homeschool students in the Fountaindale Public Library District. To find storytimes and programs for children 0-5 years please go to the Preschool page.
Educator Library Cards:
The Fountaindale Public Library provides access to the library collection for all teachers and school staff who work in Bolingbrook.
● All teacher materials are checked out for 4 weeks, and are not subject to overdue fines.
● Items are subject to lost and damaged fees.
● Teachers/school staff may register for an Educator Card to check out library materials for classroom use.
● Teachers/school staff may register for the Educator Card by filling out the form and returning it to the Bookmobile, an Outreach Services staff member, or the library. Please bring a photo ID and a current school ID along with your application, and the staff will be happy to assist you.
● Educator Cards are valid for one year only, September 1 - August 31, and are renewable at the beginning of the school year.
Library Materials for Classroom Use:
● You may request a collection of library materials for your class by contacting Outreach Services at 630-685-4230. We will be happy to deliver the materials to your school.
● Library materials checked out through Outreach Services are due in four weeks. If the next scheduled visit falls on a day there is no school, you may renew the material checked out on your educator card online, via the automated telephone answering system, or by contacting Outreach Services. There are no overdue fines on school materials checked out through Outreach Services.
Rockin’ Reading Race:
● Runs annually during the month of October for Bolingbrook K-5 students.
● Students need to have their own library card for logging minutes read online.
● Students at participating schools earn books for their Library Media Center.
● All participating schools receive a $50 paperback book collection. Based on the number of minutes read by participating students, three schools will win a paperback book collection for their library media center; 1st place receives a $300 paperback book collection, 2nd place receives a $200 paperback book collection, and 3rd place receives a $100 paperback book collection.
Outreach Services and Bookmobile Partner with Schools:
|● Monthly Bookmobile Visits
||● Monthly Book Talks from Mrs. C
||● Reading Nights
|● Multicultural Fairs
||● STEM/STEAM Events
|● Guest Reader||● Outreach staff and Bookmobile are available to participate in PTO/PTA events.||● School registrations for library card sign-ups.|
● Library Card Application (English) Biblioteca Solicitud de Tarjeta (Spanish)
● Classroom Collections and Subject Requests Form
● Resources for Parents and Teachers
● Homework Help
● Mrs. Welko's Book Talk list
● Mrs. C's Book Talk list
For general questions or to request library materials for your class, call: 630-685-4230
Elementary Schools: Cindy Consalvo at 630-685-4233 or cconsalvo [at] fountaindale.org
High Schools: Marianne Thompson at 630-685-4231 or mmthompson [at] fountaindale.org
Homeschool: Kathy Welko at 630-685-4236 or kwelko [at] fountaindale.org
Middle Schools: Marianne Thompson at 630-685-4231 or mmthompson [at] fountaindale.org
Preschools: Laura Didier at 630-685-4167 or ldidier [at] fountaindale.org