The Fountaindale Public Library District provides materials and resources for those patrons with special needs.
On the Bookmobile:
● Large Print Material
● Unabridged audiobooks and Playaways
● Nooks with accessibility options
● Wheelchair accessible
General Library Services at the main Fountaindale Library building:
● Low Vision machine, used to enlarge print in regular sized books, is available in Local History Room on the 3rd floor.
● TDD is available in Bolingbrook – call 630-754-4949
● Book Club at Heritage Woods assisted living community for the residents provided by Outreach Services Staff
● Game Day at Heritage Woods assisted living community for the residents provided by Outreach Services staff
● Programs at Autumn Leaves Memory Care including, but not limited to: stories, activities, and games.
● Closed-captioned DVDs are available at the library building but by request we can pull them and bring them out to you
As of September 1, 2017 the Illinois Talking Book Outreach Center (ITBOC) will consolidate with the Illinois State Library Talking Book and Braille Service (TBBS). If you are not aware of ITBOC and TBBS, they are both provide services to Illinois residents who are unable to read standard print material due to permanent or temporary visual or physical disability. The Talking Book library consists of digital audio and Braille formats of books, magazines, and music material. This service is provided with no out-of-pocket expenses to patrons. There are many physical and visual conditions that qualify for this service. With an account through TBBS patrons can request a digital player and access to thousands of titles available via download from Braille Audio Reading Download (BARD). Fountaindale’s Outreach staff can provide you with further information about the service and instructions on where to find an application to apply for the service. You may also click on the TBBS logo to access the TBBS website. Contact the Outreach Department at 630.685.4230
Bookmobile Senior Stops
|● Autumn Leaves|
|● Greenleaf Apartments|
|● Heritage Woods|
|● Levy Center|
|● McKenzie Falls|
|● Meadowbrook Manor|
Check our online calendar for this months schedule of Bookmobile stops.
Marianne Thompson, Outreach Services Manager, at 630-685-4231 or mmthompson [at] fountaindale.org