You may request an Interlibrary Loan several ways:
- Stop by any of our service desks or the Bookmobile.
- Submit an email request to
- Click here to submit the request through OCLC WorldCat. You will need your library card number to log in.
- Call the Adult Services Department at 630-685-4176.
Fountaindale Library District cardholders can access our Internet-based online catalog, called Pinnacle, at the library, at home, or at work, and directly request materials from that catalog. You may access that catalog by clicking here. You can indicate at which location you would like to pick up your materials and you will be called when they are available. If you cannot locate an item in the catalog, we can make an Interlibrary Loan Request for you.
- All Interlibrary Loan borrowers must have a valid Fountaindale Public Library District Card.
- Books, DVDs, CDs, and some microfilm may be requested, but audiovisual materials sometimes take more time to receive, especially outside of Illinois.
- Interlibrary Loan requests are limited to 5 requests a day, and 5 Audio Visual requests a week.
- Photocopies of periodical and newspaper articles may also be obtained from other libraries, although many periodicals are now available full-text on one of the library's Online Resources.
- There is generally no fee for this service. If there is one, you will be contacted for permission, prior to us obtaining the materials.
- Loan periods, Usage Restrictions and Renewal Options are at the discretion of the lending library. Library items newer then 6 months are generally not requested through Interlibrary Loan. The library often can purchase these materials.
- The Interlibrary Loan process can take 1-4 weeks for materials to arrive. Materials that are being borrowed from outside Illinois take longer to arrive. It is not unusual for materials to take several weeks when coming from other states. The library cannot guarantee the availability of materials or how quickly they may arrive.
- Due to consistent difficulties in receiving textbooks back in a timely fashion, the library has had to change its interlibrary loan policy. The library will no longer be able to interlibrary loan textbooks for its patrons as of January 1, 2010. The library apologizes for the inconvenience.