Resources for Writers
Events for Writers
- The Nameless Writer's Group @ FPLD
- Our monthly club for adult writers in all genres, fiction and nonfiction.
- Check our online calendar for all upcoming programs and events for writers.
- Indie Author Day
- Join us for an in-person and digital gathering with writers, agents and other industry leaders featuring presentations for our Fountaindale writing community.
- National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing. On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by November 30. Valuing enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, NaNoWriMo is for anyone who has ever thought about writing a novel.
- Come Write In - Work on your novel at FPLD during NaNoWriMo.
- Camp NaNoWriMo - Complete any writing project in a month during this writer's retreat held during April.
- Book Clubs and Discussions
- We offer a number of book clubs for you to enjoy throughout the year.
- Soon to be Famous Illinois Author Project
- Librarians judge self-published adult fiction by Illinois authors in this statewide contest.