June is Audiobook Month, which means there is no better time to give this reading style a try. We offer audiobooks in many different formats to meet your lifestyle: audiobooks on CD, playaways (which only require headphones or an aux cord) or eAudiobooks that can be downloaded directly to your device from our digital collection providers such as RBdigital, Axis360, Cloudlibrary, hoopla or OverDrive.
Still not convinced audiobooks are for you? Check out our top five reasons to give audiobooks a try.
1. Get stuff done while you read. You don’t need your hands to turn the page so you can cook, clean or exercise while listening to a story.
2. Time in the car just got more fun. Whether you’re stuck in traffic or going on a road trip, your driving time will fly by with a good audiobook. BONUS: If you’re driving with other people, you can all listen together and have your own book club on wheels.
3. More books, less time. Many people find they finish audiobooks faster than print books because they can adjust the playback speed. By adjusting your book to 1.5 or 2 times the speed, you’ll finish books faster which means you can read more.
4. Help kids learn. Audiobooks have traditionally been used with second-language learners, learning-disabled students and struggling readers or non-readers. In many cases, audiobooks have proven successful in helping these students to access literature and enjoy books.
5. Earn Summer Adventure points. For every 30 minutes you listen to an audiobook, you earn one point toward your Summer Adventure!
If you’re new to audiobooks and need some assistance with downloading them to your device, visit our 2nd Floor Service Desk, watch one of our tutorials or stop by our Digital Bookmobile Blast on Thursday, June 14!