A Fountaindale Public Library card is your greatest back-to-school tool! With your library card, you have access to books, movies, study rooms and computers to help you throughout the school year. You also have access to high quality eResources, including:
- Brainfuse Help Now!:Access live online tutoring, writing labs, group collaboration classrooms, résumé writing assistance, high school equivalency and U.S. citizenship test preparation and more. Please note, Google Chrome is recommended when using this resource.
- CultureGrams: Get an insider’s perspective—including photos, interviews and recipes—of the history, customs, daily life and culture of people from around the world.
- Mango Languages: Explore more than 70 foreign languages, American Sign Language and English as a Second Language (ESL) courses and resources to gain practical, real world conversation skills.
- Scholastic Go!: Explore credible, accurate and reliable research content via nonfiction texts, world newspapers, videos and more on almost every core-curricula subject from elementary through high school.
- World Book Online Reference Center: Discover this powerful reference tool for students, advanced researchers and information seekers featuring thousands of eBooks, tens of thousands of articles and hundreds of thousands of primary source documents.
Exciting Back-to-School Events
Wednesday, September 15, 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.
After you drop your elementary students at school, bring your little ones to enjoy their own special storytime and craft. All ages; preschoolers with an adult. Drop in; no registration required.
Welcome Back to Homeschool Party
Friday, August 24, 10:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
Join us for games, crafts, songs and learn about Adventures in Homeschooling, our cultural exploration program. Grades K–5 homeschool students and their teachers. Drop in; no registration required.
Adventures in Homeschooling: Far Away Places at Your Fingertips
Friday, September 14, 10:30 a.m. & 1:30 p.m.
Enrich your homeschool experience by discovering geography, stories, music and crafts. This month we’ll explore France. For homeschool teachers and their K–5 students. Drop in; no registration required.
Teen Tech Homeschool Adventures: LEGO Robotics
Friday, September 14, 1:45 p.m.
Explore hands–on technology topics to complement your homeschool curriculum. This month we will build and program LEGO robots. For homeschool teens in grades 6–12.
Going Back to School Isn’t Just For Kids
It’s not too late to earn your high school diploma! We are proud to offer adults ages 19 and older the opportunity to earn a free, accredited high school diploma through our library and Smart Horizons Career Online High School.
We have already had 12 graduates earn their diplomas, with many more working toward completion. Will you be next to cross the stage? Get started today!
Teacher Library Cards
Teachers, did you know you can get a library card, too? Any public or private school or preschool that resides within the Fountaindale Public Library district can designate a primary contact for their institutional library account. School principals or LMC directors need to provide a teacher listing in order to issue library cards to teachers. Borrowing privileges are good for one year, September 1, 2017–August 31, 2018. Learn more…