It’s not too late to complete the 2020 Census! Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic, the reporting period for this year’s census has been extended to October. You can still complete your census return three different ways:
- Online at 2020census.gov
- Call 844.330.2020
- Mail. Just return the paper questionnaire that was sent to your home.
Don’t have reliable internet at home? You’re in luck! We recently expanded our Wi-Fi access to our parking lot from 6 a.m. to midnight everyday. When you swing by the library to pick up items at the drive through, you can park your car and use your phone or tablet to fill out your census return. The online questionnaire is quick, easy to fill out and takes about 10 minutes to complete.
Why is the Census So Important?
- Each person counted in the census generates over $1,400 for our community.
- Census data funds high-need programs such as free/reduced school lunches, free summer meals for children and free medical services in our community.
- Affordable housing, improvements to roads and highways and emergency services such as fire departments depend on census information.
The 2020 census will NOT ask you about:
- Your citizenship
- Your banking information
- Your social security number
Our community is counting on you to be counted in the 2020 census. By not participating, our community will lose much needed funding to provide essential services to the people and programs who need them the most.
For more information on how the census impacts Bolingbrook, visit our community’s Census Counts webpage: bolingbrook.com/2020census.