Update as of June 25, 2020:
Due to the surplus of hold requests we are receiving, we are reducing the number of days holds are available for patron pickup from seven days to five days. Once you are notified that your holds are ready for pickup, please pick them up within five days.
Please note, now that our building is open, we are no longer checking out holds to your library card in advance of picking them up. To have your items checked out to your account and ready for pick up at the drive-thru, please call us at least 20 minutes in advance of your arrival at 630.759.2102.
Update As of June 23, 2020:
We will now quarantine returned materials for three days in response to the results of the REALM Project’s research study of how long the COVID-19 virus lives on library materials. The virus was not detectable on hardback book covers, softback book covers, plain paper pages, plastic book coverings or DVD cases after three days of quarantine. This change will help expedite our return process and ensure our materials are more readily available to our patrons. The health and safety of our patrons and staff are of the utmost importance, and we are making all of our material handling decisions based on science and health-driven information.
We are happy to announce on Monday, June 15, we are reopening to the public for our regular business hours:
Monday–Thursday: 9 a.m.–9 p.m.
Friday–Saturday: 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Sunday: noon–6 p.m.
In order to help protect our patrons and staff, we ask that you please adhere to the following requirements when visiting our building:
- Wear a face covering or mask at all times
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet apart
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer often
- Wipe down equipment with disinfecting wipes before and after use
- No food or drink inside the library
Please note, our water fountains are turned off, and Brooks Cafe is not open at this time.
- We have set limits on the number of patrons in the library at one time.
- Furniture and tables have been removed or spaced out to help maintain social distancing.
- Signs have been placed on the floor for social distancing at service desks.
- Elevators are limited to one person/family at a time.
- Directional signs have been placed on the floor to guide you through the stacks.
- Select computers in our Computer Commons and in Children’s Services will not be available to help maintain social distancing.
- Studio 300 is open by appointment only. Call 630.685.4260 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment.
- All public meeting rooms, study rooms, Local History Room and the Vortex are closed at this time.
- The Bookmobile will resume community stops, but patrons will not be able to board the Bookmobile at this time.
Using Your Library from Home
We understand that not everyone is ready to come visit us in person just yet. We will continue to provide virtual resources and services that you can access from home or from outside our building:
- Our drive-thru service is open during regular business hours. You are welcome to place holds using our catalog and pick them up at our drive-thru when they are ready. Be sure to select Fountaindale Library Drive-Thru Window as your pickup library when placing your holds.
- Please note, beginning Monday, June 15, we will no longer check out your holds to your library card in advance of picking them up. We will also no longer call you when your holds are ready for pick up; we will notify you via your preferred method for receiving library notices. If you would like to change your preferred contact method, log into ‘My Account’, click ‘My Record’ in the left sidebar and scroll down to ‘Contact Information and Preferences’.
- Please return materials to any of our four external book drops. We are not accepting returns at service desks, but there are return bins located in the lobby that you can use. The drive-thru is for materials pickup only.
- Join us for new and exciting virtual events and programs every week!
- Outreach Services will continue to make contactless deliveries to our home delivery patrons.
- Our Wi-Fi will continue to reach our parking lot daily from 6 a.m. until midnight.