We miss our Valley View school visits! As many of you know, during most years, we are able to visit Bolingbrook’s elementary schools with the Bookmobile to check out items to students and teachers. With remote learning happening this school year, we have tweaked our visits a bit. Check out our schedule, and stop by after class to browse materials from our Library Express Van from 3 to 4 p.m. You can also sign up for a library card, return your materials, and participate in fun activities!
- Thursday, October 1: Salk Elementary School
- Friday, October 2: Oak View Elementary School
- Friday, October 9: Pioneer Elementary School
- Wednesday, October 14: Humphrey Middle School
- Thursday, October 15: Brooks Middle School (9:30–10:30 a.m.)
- Thursday, October 15: BJ Ward Elementary
- Thursday, October 15: Jane Addams Middle School
- Friday, October 16: McGee Elementary School
- Wednesday, October 21: Independence Elementary School
- Friday, October 23: Wood View Elementary School
- Wednesday, October 28: John R. Tibbott Elementary School
- Thursday, October 29: Salk Elementary School
- Friday, October 30: Oak View Elementary School
Download and print our flyer to keep these dates handy!
And did we mention that October is National Dessert Month? We’ll be celebrating by giving out Portillo’s coupons good for a FREE slice of chocolate cake! Every month, we’ll have new themes and prizes so you’ll have to come back each month to take advantage of them. We’d love to see you!
Our Outreach Services team loves our Valley View School District students! Hear why they are excited to bring our mobile library back to the schools:
Melissa, Outreach Specialist
“I miss the kids getting excited about reading the materials they checked out on the Bookmobile. I am excited to offer this modified service so we can still provide some awesome new books and movies!”
Sarah, Outreach Specialist
“I miss seeing the excitement in the kids eyes when they check out a book they wanted and have been waiting to read. I miss seeing our patrons who visit the Bookmobile and being able to provide them with library services.”
Marleigha, Outreach Specialist
“Talking with students and providing readers advisory is literally my favorite thing to do. I have really missed the kids, our conversations and all the countless laughs. I am happy to be serving the community again and I look forward to seeing and hearing from all the kids soon!”