Teen Winter Reading Challenge: January 18–February 28
It’s the perfect time of year to snuggle up with a book and hot chocolate! So check out a new author, the first book in a series, a graphic novel or a biography and start reading for our Teen Winter Reading Challenge. All you have to do is read (or listen) for 180 minutes (just three hours) per week to be entered into weekly prize drawings. That’s just 30 minutes a day!
The challenge starts on Monday, January 18. Teens in grades 6–12 should use their Fountaindale Library card to register. Get started by clicking on the green registration button at the bottom of the page. This will take you to Beanstack. Then you can start logging your reading including books, eBooks, audiobooks and eAudiobooks. Need help? View our Registration & Logging help document.
Looking for some fun challenges to enhance your Winter Reading? Check out our list of activities below. Complete all five challenges for a bonus badge.
- Read a new author or genre. Need recommendations? Visit Teen Reads to browse our handpicked collection of books perfect for teens.
- Check out a Do-It-Yourself arts & craft book or cookbook. Start a new project or try a new recipe. Check out our Teen Crafternoon series on YouTube for more DIY ideas.
- Recommend your favorite teen fiction, nonfiction and graphic novels and earn service hours as part of our Teen Volunteering Book Recommendation project.
- Access our Digital Collection to download and stream music with Freegal or check out albums by your favorite artists on hoopla.
- Listen to an audiobook or eAudiobook on cloudLibrary, Overdrive (Libby), hoopla or Axis360.
All participants who reach the weekly reading goal will be entered to win a $15 Target gift card and a prize book. Winners will be contacted on Mondays.
Questions? Call 630.685.4199 or send an email to email@example.com.