Since we can’t be together in person for our annual Maker Faire, we’re giving you a full month of maker fun!
Beginning Monday, March 1, join us here for maker, DIY and STEAM-related activities for the entire family. We’ll release new videos for you to try out each week. We can’t wait to see what you create! Share your finished projects with us on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook using #fpldmaker.
Week One: March 1–6
Wind Vane Kit
Do you know that March and April are the windiest months in the Chicagoland area? Build an instrument that shows the direction of the wind! Stop by the Studio 300 table in the lobby to pick up your Take-It Make-It STEAM kit, while supplies last. Then watch the instructional video on our YouTube channel.
Looking for more STEAM and craft ideas to explore? Look no further than Creativebug, one of our free eResources. Enjoy this in-depth overview of this valuable and truly unique creative platform.
Engineering Challenge: Paper Airplanes
Do you have what it takes to build the ultimate paper flyer? Test your skills with our paper airplane engineering challenge and contest.
Using only one 8.5 x 11 piece of paper, submit your best entry in one of our three age groups:
- Sport Pilot for children in grades K through 5
- Stunt Pilot for teens in grades 6 through 12
- Fighter Pilot for adults ages 18+
- Use one 8.5 x 11 piece of paper.
- Take a video of your airplane in flight (keep them under a minute, please).
- Upload the test flight video using the box below by Wednesday, March 31.
- There will be a prize for each age group, drawn randomly from the entries.