We’re back with two new reading programs for Bolingbrook students in grades K–8. Join us this fall for run, reading and prizes!
Read-a-Palooza (Grades K–5)
October 1–29, 2021
Beginning October 1, play Read-a-Palooza Bingo to help your school win some cool books! All schools that participate will receive a variety of new books, and the top three schools will win a collection of this year’s Monarch and Bluestem Award books. All participants will also receive prizes just by completing fun reading activities!
And did we mention that you will also get a certificate, prize and entry into our grand prize drawing for a Kindle Fire tablet just by completing the fun reading activities on our Read-a-Palooza Bingo?
How To Play
- Pick up a Read-a-Palooza Bingo card from your teacher beginning Friday, October 1. You can also download and print your Bingo card below.
- Complete and color five reading activities in a row in any direction, or as many as you like!
- Turn in your Read-a-Palooza Bingo card to your teacher by Friday, October 29.
- Read at home, school or listen to an audiobook or storyteller—there are so many fun ways to read!
Winning & Prizes
- All students who turn in a Read-a-Palooza Bingo card will receive a certificate, prize and entry into our grand prize drawing for a Kindle Fire tablet.
- The top three schools with the most Bingo cards turned in will win a collection of this year’s Monarch & Bluestem Award books. All schools that participate will receive a variety of new books.
- Prizes and books will be delivered to schools in November.
If you have questions, please contact Outreach Services at 630.685.4230.
Great Reading Race (Grades 6–8)
September 13–October 25, 2021
Bolingbrook middle school students, read to earn books for your school media center and classroom and prizes for yourself!
How to Participate
- Click the “Register Now” button below to create a username and PIN and to register.
- Track your reading from Monday, September 13 until Monday, October 25. Please only log reading completed during the program. Reading books and eBooks as well as listening to audiobooks or eAudiobooks count.
- Log the number of minutes read during independent reading time at home and school as well as during classroom read-alouds or stories read as a class.
- Once you have registered, click the “Log Reading” button below. You can also download the Beanstack iOS or Google Play app on your phone to log from home.
- Sign in with your username and PIN.
- Click on the “Log Reading” button.
- Please select the date and then enter the title, author and minutes read in the entry boxes.
- You may also log your reading using our paper reading log.
- View and download our logging instructions.
- All participants who log their reading will be entered into random drawings for Bolingbrook reader T-shirts and paperback books.
- You will also earn vouchers for free items from local restaurants, while supplies last.
- The three middle schools in Bolingbrook with the most minutes read will win a paperback book collection for their library media center.
First Place: 45 Books
Second Place: 30 Books
Third Place: 15 Books
- The top classroom at each school will receive a $100 gift card for a class pizza party and a collection of 10 paperback books.
For questions, please contact Teen Services at 630.685.4199 or firstname.lastname@example.org.