Update as of Wednesday, April 7, 2021:
Beginning Monday, April 12, we will no longer quarantine returned materials. This decision comes from the guidance provided by Reaching Across Illinois Library Systems (RAILS) and is based on research provided by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). We will also begin accepting material returns at our drive-thru window.
Update as of Friday, January 15, 2021:
The following services have been restored as of Friday, January 15, 2021:
- Limited public computers are available. This includes computers located in our 2nd floor Computer Commons, Children’s Services Department and Studio 300.
- Studio 300’s computer lab, maker lab and creative spaces are available by appointment only. Please call Studio 300 at 630.685.4260 to make an appointment.
- Limited public seating is available.
- Our Bookmobile will be available to browse materials. Only one patron/family will be allowed on board at a time.
- Our building’s capacity will be limited to 100 patrons at a time.
Update as of Friday, November 20, 2020:
In response to new mitigation requirements from the State of Illinois and for the health and safety of our community and staff, beginning Friday, November 20, we will only be open for material browsing and check out. We will continue to keep regular business hours, and we encourage you to make your visits brief, use our drive-thru window and to access our digital collection, events and eResources from home.
Please note the following changes to our services beginning Friday, November 20:
- Public computers will no longer be available. This includes computers located in our 2nd floor Computer Commons, Children’s Services Department and Studio 300.
- Studio 300’s computer lab, maker lab and creative spaces will be closed. You can still borrow and return equipment. Please call Studio 300 at 630.685.4260 before your visit.
- Meeting rooms and study rooms will not be available.
- All public seating and spaces including the Quiet Reading Room, Quiet Study Room and Local History Room will not be available.
- Test proctoring will not be available.
- Our Bookmobile will continue to make stops for you to check out items, pick up holds and return materials. To maintain social distancing, you will not be able to board the vehicle to browse materials.
- Our building’s capacity will be limited to 75 patrons at a time.
If you have any questions or need any assistance, please feel free to contact us as 630.759.2102, firstname.lastname@example.org or text 66746.
Guidelines for In-Person Visiting
We ask that you please adhere to the following requirements when visiting our building:
- Wear a face covering or mask over your mouth and nose at all times
- Maintain social distancing of at least six feet apart
- Wash your hands and/or use hand sanitizer often
- No food or drink inside the library
Please note, our water fountains are turned off, and Brooks Cafe is not open at this time.
Use our Drive-Thru Window
Our drive-thru window is open for material holds pickup. Our drive-thru window’s hours are the same as our building’s. When placing holds using our online catalog, be sure to select Fountaindale Drive-Thru Window as your pickup location. Please see the video below for detailed instructions.
You will receive a notification when your items are ready for pick up, after which you have five days to pick them up. If you have items ready for pickup and would like to move them to the drive-thru window, please call us at 630.759.2102 at least one hour before you arrive so our staff can move your holds.
Please continue to use our 24/7 book drops to return materials; the drive-thru window is for holds pickups only.
Attend a Virtual Event
We have an exciting lineup of virtual programs every day! Join us via YouTube or Zoom for storytimes, puppet shows, arts & crafts, technology courses, book clubs and much more. Visit our events calendar for details.
Access our Digital Collection and eResources
Need something to read? Explore our digital collection where we offer an abundance of eBooks, eMagazines, eNewspapers and graphic novels! You can even stream award-winning films, TV shows and music from your favorite artists.
If you need homework help or simply want to learn something new, try our excellent variety of eResources. With more than 75 resources, you can learn a new language, craft to your heart’s desire, enhance your career, discover your family history, make informed business decisions or take instructor-led courses at no cost.
Studio 300 From Home
Studio 300, our state-of-the-art digital media lab, is full of media creation software and other resources available for our patrons to use. But when you can’t get to the Studio, you can still use your Chromebook (or just the Google Chrome browser) to open up a world of creative possibilities. Explore Studio 300 from home now.