Business Library Cards
Owners or administrators of businesses, institutions or entities located within the Library District boundaries may obtain a business card upon furnishing appropriate documentation and showing a valid photo ID (see Appendix 1). A business library card is valid for one year. The business owner or institution shall be responsible for payment of any lost, damaged items or fees. The library reserves the right to associate the business library card with the owner’s personal library card, when applicable. If the personal card is not in good standing, the business library card will be blocked. Only one library card will be issued per business.
- Start Your Own Small Business: Learn how to take your dream of starting a business and put it into action.
- Creating a Successful Business Plan: Turn your business ideas into a solid plan for financing and long-term success.
- Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring: Discover small business marketing strategies that can help you attract attention, woo your target audience, grow your customer base and expand your profits—all for little or no money.
- Finance Essentials for Small Business: Manage your small business successfully with these finance essentials from accounting professors Jim and Kay Stice.
- Social Media Marketing Foundations: Social media dramatically altered marketing by allowing businesses to directly engage with customers and vice versa.
- Creating a Business Plan: Experienced entrepreneur and consultant Mike Figliuolo walks through the process of defining your business, researching the market and determining your product.
- Business Branding 101: In this course, you will go through and learn the entire branding process, from how companies choose their brands, measure their effectiveness and what strategies they use to keep a brand successful in today’s marketplace.
- Business Budgeting 101: This course will show you everything you need to know about business budgeting and cost-cutting.
- Strategic Planning: This course is a complete guide for writing and implementing a strategic plan for your organization.
Studio 300 Resources
Take advantage of our media lab, which includes:
- Creative Spaces: Group collaboration rooms, audio recording suites, and video recording studio
- Equipment: Everything you need to shoot video, photography, and much more!
- Software: Take advantage of our Mac Lab and play with our extensive collection of software from industry leaders such as Adobe, Apple and Microsoft.
Business and Career Programming
SCORE Workshops: Join us for our monthly virtual workshop on a variety of business topics, brought to you by SCORE of Fox Valley. (Generally held on the third Wednesday of the month, but dates at times may vary.)
Toastmasters: Do you want to practice public speaking, improve your communication and build leadership skills? Join the Bolingbrook Chamber of Commerce Toastmasters for one of our monthly meetings. Meetings are held on the last Monday of each month from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Bolingbrook Chamber of Commerce.
Commerce Corner: Drop in every month to sharpen your skills for business, career and life. Zoom recordings are posted to our YouTube channel the next day.
Additional SCORE Resources
Find a Mentor: Receive one-on-one help from SCORE Mentors. Get matched with a professional in your industry to build a successful plan, such as help writing a business plan or pivoting.
Find Additional Workshops: Find instructor-led training offered at the SCORE of Fox Valley offices or online. You can also find interactive courses to help you learn new business strategies.