Do you need volunteering hours for school? Have you always wanted to work at a library? Maybe you’re just looking for a fun way to give back. We’re looking for teens like you to help prepare crafts and materials for programs, organize and clean supplies, make photocopies, cut paper and more. Check out all upcoming volunteering opportunities on our events calendar.
- All volunteers must be in grades 6–12.
- Registration opens three weeks before a volunteering opportunity.
- Space is limited.
Questions? Call 630.685.4199 or send an email to email@example.com.
Do you need volunteering hours? We’re introducing a fun, new way to give back. Submit a book review to earn service hours! We’re looking for book recommendations from our teen readers to post on our blog, website and social media. You’ll receive one service hour for every recommendation submitted.
- Complete the submission form and upload your work (up to four submissions per person per month).
- We prefer that students recommend fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels and audiobooks that would appeal to students in grades 6–12, but we will accept recommendations outside of this grade range.
- Students are able to recommend titles in print and digital formats.
- Students should NOT use their VVSD emails, as we are unable to send volunteer certificates to those email addresses.
Teen Services staff will be emailing volunteer letters to participating students weekly. These letters will include the number of service hours earned. For questions, please contact our Teen Services staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re an adult age 18 and older and would like to volunteer, please see our adult volunteering opportunities.