Calling all crafters, makers, artists and bakers! You have to check out our newest eResource, Creativebug. Creativebug has thousands of award-winning art and craft video classes taught by recognized design experts and artists for creators of all skill levels. You can find projects for every occasion, nurture your creative soul by learning new skills and practice your craft every day. Plus, Creativebug offers free templates, recipes and patterns and even has classes for kids—it truly is screen time you can feel good about!
Melisa’s Custom Water Bottle Cricut Craft Project
Melisa from Children’s Services recently got a Cricut and has been using Creativebug to try new projects. She started off by watching the Cricut Crafts: Get to Know Your Machine tutorial, which has over 275 positive reviews! The video tutorial is equipped with a brief description of the objectives, a list of materials, a transcript, a photo gallery and five unique chapters. This video covers specifically the Cricut Explore Air 2 Wild Rose Bundle but can be easily replicated for other types of machines found in the Cricut Explore Air family.
- Chapter one gives you a quick overview of what the entire video will each you.
- Chapter two shows an unboxing of the Cricut machine and the type of things that came with this specific bundle. Certain retailers sell the Cricut machine in bundles that includes sample vinyl, tools and cutting mats. The video also shows how to determine what vinyl is removable vs. permanent for Cricut brand vinyl.
- Chapter three teaches you how to connect to your Cricut using both USB and Bluetooth connections. It briefly covers Cricut Design Space, ways of downloading it to your computer and the buttons and knob on the machine itself.
- Chapter four explains the process of applying the free hashtag vinyl that came with this bundle.
- Chapter five walks you through creating your own vinyl using Cricut Design Space.
As narrated in the video, vinyl can be used to customize just about everything. She created and printed her design using a holographic, premium removable vinyl by the Cricut brand. The final product is amazing and will dazzle just about anyone!
Melisa recommends Creativebug if you’re new to Cricut or if you are simply looking for a new craft and skill to try out. If you don’t own a Cricut and want to create vinyl projects similar to Melisa’s, stop by Studio 300’s Maker Lab to learn and use our Zing Air Vinyl Cutter!