If our catalog doesn’t have what you’re looking for, we can request it from another library through interlibrary loan (ILL). Follow the steps below to place make an ILL request, or you can fill out our Can’t Find an Item form. Either way, we’ll do what we can to get you what you need. You may request up to five items per day through ILL.
How to Request an ILL
Step 1: Make sure your library card is in good standing.
- We accept ILL requests from Fountaindale, Joliet, Plainfield, Shorewood-Troy and White Oak cardholders.
- Not sure if your card is up to date? Call circulation at 630.759.2102.
Step 2: Search for the item you want.
- You can use WorldCat directly or search through our catalog.
- If you choose to search on our catalog, go to the keyword search screen and select WorldCat: Library Worldwide from the drop down menu.
Step 3: Place your request.
- If you find the item through WorldCat, you’ll be redirected to screen to enter your name and contact information.
- If you find the item through our catalog, place the hold and select Fountaindale as your pickup location.
Renewing and Returning
- If you need more time, please request a renewal before your item’s due date by calling 630.685.4177 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Renewal requests are handled on a case-by-case basis, and requests made on or after the due date will be denied.
- Please keep the ILL label and band on the item when you return it. You may be charged a fee if this band is removed or missing.