Federal and Illinois State tax returns are due Monday, April 18. If you need help finding tax forms or a free tax prep assistance service, we have resources to help you!
Where to get Tax Form?
We provide paper copies of basic Federal and Illinois State tax forms. You can find display racks on the 3rd floor landing next to the elevators. If you don’t see the form you need, our staff can print additional forms for free at the 3rd floor service desk.
- Additional federal forms and instructions can be mailed to your home by calling 800.829.3676 or visiting the IRS website.
- Illinois State forms can be requested at 800.356.6302 or on the Illinois Department of Revenue website.
Online Tax Filing Links
- File an Illinois State Tax Return for Free
- Prepare and file your federal individual income tax return for free using IRS Free File
Free Tax Preparation Assistance Programs
Joliet Township and the Will County Center for Community Concerns are offering Free Tax Preparation Assistance through Saturday, April 15. This service is available to individuals who earned less than $56,000 in 2022. Taxes are filed electronically with E-File and Direct Deposit.
- Step 1: Set up your tax appointment by calling Patricia at 815.726.4781 ext 301.
- Step 2: Drop documents off at the appointed date and time
- Step 3: Attend a face-to-face review appointment
For more information, call 815.726.4781.
College of DuPage
Get your state and federal tax returns electronically prepared for free by IRS-certified accounting students under the supervision of faculty. Book your appointment online at cod.edu/tax-prep. Appointments are available through Saturday, April 15. Appointment interviews are located in the Student Resource Center (SRC), Room 3000, Academic Computing Lab, 425 Fawell Blvd in Glen Ellyn. For more information, contact email@example.com or 630.942.3450.
To find a volunteer tax preparation site near you, visit the IRS VITA website.