Do you like making and playing with ooey-gooey slime? Do you want to learn more about slime, including some really cool recipes for slime? Then keep reading! Last month we made some slime that just looked like slime. This month, the slime is designed to look like snot!
A few notes before you begin: Despite the ingredients, this slime is NOT edible. Also, I learned from experience that gelatin is a lot of work to clean up once it hardens. Make it easy on yourself and clean up immediately, and store your slime in a disposable container or throw it away when you are done.
Here is what you will need:
- Old newspapers or a plastic tablecloth to cover your workspace (The mixture contains food coloring, so it can cause stains.)
- Microwave-safe measuring cup
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- Green food coloring
- 1 Tablespoon gelatin
- A fork or something to stir with
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- Mixing bowl
Here’s how I made my slime
This recipe came from The Slime Book.
- I heated the water in the microwave for one minute. You can use any method to heat the water, just make sure that you are working safely and getting help from an adult if necessary.
- Sprinkle the gelatin into the hot water and stir until it dissolves.
- Stir in a few drops of food coloring. I used four drops and it was very intensely green.
- Let the mixture cool for about an hour.
- Put the corn syrup in the mixing bowl.
- Then stir the cooled gelatin mixture into it.
Now you have fake snot!