Our Library stands for a community that is welcoming and open to all, and for treating everyone who visits our library with kindness and respect. We stand unequivocally against racism in all its forms. We hope this is an opportunity we all take to listen to each other and learn from each other.
The mission of the Fountaindale Public Library District is to inspire community through education, enrichment and discovery. Our vision of how to fulfill that is to serve as our community’s exploration gateway, and we are starting with what we do best—providing access to materials which support learning and understanding about the history of racism in our country and how it affects our world today. Our hope is that these materials will indeed be a starting point to make our world a better one.
We encourage you to share with us any additional resources and/or titles that will further enrich our collection. If there is anything that you think that the library can do as an organization to help please let us know.
– The Board of Trustees and Executive Director of the Fountaindale Public Library District
Resources in our Collection
- Conversations About Racism and Anti-Racism
- Race, Police and Justice: Reading Recommendations for Children
- Kanopy’s Films on Social and Systemic Injustice
- Hoopla’s Conversations About Race
- OverDrive’s Anti-Racism Reading List (scroll down to the fourth carousel)
- Teen Nonfiction, Fiction and Diverse Reads